Termites are among the most hated pests mainly because of the extensive and costly harm they cause. They frequently go undetected for a long duration of time, quietly doing damage to your home. Termites feed on cellulose-based materials and this just so happens to be used in lots of homes.
Boca Raton Termite Removal
Termites can cause very expensive damage to a home. Although termites are fairly tiny in size, the amount of problems they’ll cause you are very large. People all across the US spend $3 billion annually just to remove termites.
Crucial Steps to Defend & Prevent Termites
The easiest way to minimize the chance of termites from getting inside your building or home is by using prevention solutions and defense measures which include creating a moisture-free atmosphere and eradicating any open food resources which may draw in these pests. The recommendations below can help you further enhance the defense against termites in your home:
- Repair any leaks; air conditioners, pipes, faucets, and anything else.
- Keep your gutters clean regularly as this can easily prevent attracting unwelcome pests.
- Ensure that water is directed far from the foundation of your home during rain storms.
- Remove any excess mulch or coverings you may have positioned close to the home’s outside walls.
- Ensure that the roof is correctly functioning and make sure there is no standing water.
- Inspect air vents occasionally to ensure they’re clear of any obstructions.
- Check water lines, utility lines, and pipes for any open access points and patch them if you need to.
- All the vents must have screens.
- Eradicate any wood debris around the home’s exterior.
- Regularly check the porch and fencing for any indication of termite issues.
- Don’t store raw lumber, paper, or firewood close to your foundation or crawl space.
Get Rid Of Termites For Good
It is possible to detect a termite problem quickly if you learn what to look for. Signs of an infestation include a swarm of winged insects temporarily in the house, termite frass (waste), hollow wood, wood that sounds somewhat hollow when you tap onto it, tubes on the exterior walls, damaged doors or windows, and mud tunnels or wings abandoned by termites.
If you aren’t certain that you have active termites on your property and only desire to find out more about safeguarding your building or home from future pest invasions, just give our Boca Raton termite exterminators a call at (561) 277-3335. We would be more than thrilled to help you and schedule an evaluation as needed.