Ticks are often found mostly on pets, although humans can also become the victim. If you see your pets scratching any part of their body, endlessly, then you may suspect ticks could be the reason.
They can be quite hard to see if pets have dark-colored fur, or if it’s a very small tick.
Their colors rang from brown to black, and they can be as small as a pea, or up to the size of your thumbnail.
Signs & Causes Of A Tick Infestation
Ticks can be tricky to deal with. While these can be found on pets, they can also appear inside your house, crawling around and even on you.
Why does this happen?
- Regularly check your pets for ticks – While this may consume your free time, you have to do it for the sake of your furry friend. Make sure to put on gloves and use sanitized tweezers to remove any instead of bare hands!
- Bite marks – Pets are not the only ones bitten by this kind of pest. It also targets humans, which has blood as their food source. They can attach to your sleeves and jump or be brushed off from one place to another. Some stay and bite your skin, which may lead to different types of diseases.
- Gnaw marks on vegetation – How beautiful it is to grow your own garden or veggies. But if you see gnaw marks on your crops, then you may suspect various pests. One of these may be a tick.
- Messy yard – Wild animals, especially in the Boca Raton area, wander around every yard. They target open yards or places that they can easily access. These wild animals can be carriers of ticks.
- Black dots on your wall – Big ticks move slowly. So you can see them crawling on the floor, ceilings, or walls and confuse them as big black dots but you need to inspect it carefully. They might be ticks.
- Smell. The scent of a house with ticks is different from a normal house. They also release bacteria as soon as they are squeezed. This can bring multiple diseases to one person. Be sure to not squeeze them and place them in a jar for inspection.
The solution for this really depends on the seriousness of the infestation. Which leads us to the next question.
How Can I Remove Ticks From My Home?
While it is not an easy process, at Superior Boca Raton Exterminators, we guarantee you safe and professional services. If you have pets, like dogs or cats, we may need you to take them to the vet for a check-up for potential ticks on their body.
A tick goes through four stages before it becomes mature: egg, larvae, nymph, and adult. They start with 6 legs when larvae and have eight legs during the final stages.
With this in mind, you have to keep an eye out and don’t waste another day before dealing with them. Otherwise, they may end up crawling on your furniture and eventually your beds.
Sure, you may find DIY solutions online but they cannot guarantee you will be 100% free from ticks. We firmly suggest that you call us straight away. Not only we will help you with your tick problem, but we can also help you through our initial screening.
Just talking with us over the phone can give us a better idea of your invidivual situation and helps us prepare for the recommended treatment. Please note that we aim to do everything we can within your budget.
Call Now And Get A FREE Inspection Today!
To know more about our Boca Raton tick control services or simply want to ask about pest-related concerns, call us at (561) 277-3335 and get your free quote today! No hassle and no pressure approach! You can count on our team of professionals to be prompt, professional and courteous at all times. We keep you involved so that you know what’s happening and when. Give us a call today and find out what it’s like to work with one of the best exterminating teams in Palm Beach County.